| 
  • If you are citizen of an European Union member nation, you may not use this service unless you are at least 16 years old.

  • You already know Dokkio is an AI-powered assistant to organize & manage your digital files & messages. Very soon, Dokkio will support Outlook as well as One Drive. Check it out today!

View
 

Meet Coach Rogers

This version was saved 11 years, 11 months ago View current version     Page history
Saved by Ronald Rogers Jr.
on May 18, 2012 at 3:03:06 pm
 

 

     Hello!  My name is Ron Rogers, although nearly everyone calls me "Coach".  I have been teaching and coaching at Unity Point since 1996.  I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education from Southern Illinois University.  I have also completed more than 20 hours of graduate coursework.  I have been classified as "highly qualified" and have obtained my middle school endorsement.

     I love teaching!  I especially love teaching middle school students.  This age group presents an eager approach to physical education and sports.  For many, P.E. is one of their favorite subjects and their effort proves that on a daily basis.  For others, P.E. is a tough class that presents many interesting and challenging activities.  Either way, your child will engage in exciting activities designed to improve his/her fitness and foster teamwork and cooperation.  In my class, participation is paramount- accounting for 75% of the overall grade!  Obtaining a good grade in P.E. is mostly about the quality of the effort a student gives during the grading period.  Students complete fitness assessments to account for the other 25% of the overall grade.  Simply put- I promise to give my very best effort everyday and I expect nothing less from my students.

     I also teach 7th and 8th grade Health Education.  These classes will take place during week long sessions at various times throughout the school year.  The students' Health Education grades will appear separately from their P.E. grades on the report card.  If you have any specific questions or concerns regarding the Health curriculum, please don't hesitate to contact me at RRogers@up140.org and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

    

Now for a little bit more about me personally...

 

     I live in Carterville with my beautiful wife of 24 years, Traci.  We have two sons- Trevor, who lives in Louisville, Kentucky and Quinn, who lives at home with us.  We have one cat named Penelope Sunshine.  We also have a puppy named Maggie Moonbeam.  As many of you are already aware, I am a devout San Diego Chargers fan and have been since I fell in love with them in the 3rd grade!  My family has visited the city of San Diego three times and had an amazing vacation each and every time!  We highly recommend planning a trip to enjoy the fabulous weather and exciting attractions like Seaworld, Legoland, Coranado Beach and of course, taking in a Chargers game!  As a hobby, I write and play music.

 

I look forward to an amazing year, both academically and athletically, with all of the wonderful students that attend our great school!

Comments (0)

You don't have permission to comment on this page.